Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

first little wurble

Well I thought I ought to have a turn. And since I have a sleepy baby on my lap and a temporarily contented toddler in front of the tv I'll seize the opportunity.
I have to say, this whole blog thing feels like quite a challenge to me as a full-time Mum- it can be difficult to distinguish one unremarkable, stressful or housework-filled day from any other. You really notice it in conversation with other adults (that blissful rarity) somehow you can't help talking about nappies and sleep and speech development and tantrums and whatever else comes with the stage you're at. Even with people who don't have kids. Even with people who don't like kids! Obviously I think my job is vital and of enormous importance but how did I get to the stage where I don't have anything else in my life of interest to share? This isn't going to be a cheesy blog of milestones and 'cute' pictures of our adorable children (though some of that is inevitable I'm afraid) so I guess I'm going to have to find some interests of my own again if I want anything else on here...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:21 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    I do have one thing to say on the subject of inevitable baby photos - http://www.flickr.com !!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home