Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

The best weekend in ages

Hi all, me here, who hasn't blogged for ages because work has been eating my life away and it seems to have just slowed down somewhat. So we had a LOVELY weekend.

On Saturday we relaxed, lazed about a bit, Heidi made some biscuits, I planned my lessons and we all went swimming late afternoon just in time for the kids to be tired for bed. Then today we went to Cote (haven't been for ages, good just to catch up and see people), and then took the kids to my parents' house so they could babysit while we went out for Heidi's birthday. Yes, it was nearly a month ago, but we had tickets for the RSC doing 'Completely Hollywood' (abridged) in Oxford. Yes, that's the Reduced Shakespeare Company, whom neither of us had seen before, and hope we can see again very soon. It was fantastic! A non-stop frenetic trip through the cliches, genres, famous lines, camera shots, special effects and language of 100+ years of movies as visualised by three highly professional comedians. Totally recommended - here are the tour details, we advise you to get to a show if you can.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:41 am , Blogger Sarah said...

    sounds great - I wanted to see the RSC doing the bible as well, (I'm sure they did, didn't they?) must get round to it one of these days ...

     
  • At 1:26 pm , Blogger Alana said...

    Reduced SC are great aren't they!? We went to see them doing the bible years ago - it was great - we even got pulled up on stage to help - very funny! Keep meaning to go and see some of the other shows they do.

     
  • At 2:48 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

    Glad that you had a good weekend, you were certainly due one!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 4:09 am , Blogger praynlady said...

    I am glad that you two had the chance to go on a date. I believe that everyone including parents should schedula a date night at least every two weeks. It is worth the time together to catch up on things that you haven't thought of while in front of the children. It also give you time to unwind together. Every couple needs this type of time. I am jealous! After 2 hurricanes, and now moving, I am so exhausted, I don't even want to say good night when the time comes. I just want to fall into the bed and try to find a comfortable position and then try to go to sleep! I am proud for you having spent some time alone!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home