Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

More cute bedtime antics

Well, I've been calmly putting him back in bed for the past 50 minutes or so, and just felt like reporting on two very cute things Caleb's done in that time. Firstly, he came out of his room and wandered down the hall towards the study where I am, but instead of coming in, just settled down outside with his book and started reading - I think because there was light to read by! And then, about 20 minutes after that, he came out of his bedroom with his Elmo toy, lay it down at the top of the stairs and said 'Give a nap'. I put Caleb back, and the next time he came out, he crept across the hallway while I was watching (you know, back hunched, all quiet - proper creeping), put his little teddy next to Elmo and snuck back again.

Actually he's been pretty good all day today, which was a relief as I had the kids on my own all day to give Heidi some shopping time with someone who actually enjoys it. Well, astonishingly good behaviour bearing in mind the fact that we were up watching Jonah: A Veggietales Movie at 5:30am after an hour's kicking-off. We did some painting, he fell asleep on the sofa (a definite blessing! Of course, Elodie woke up just at that moment.), we went to the toy shop, he watched The Iron Giant for the first time. Oh dear - I've just given away the fact that my parenting skills don't extend much further than switching on the TV. Never mind. I have other talents. Latent ones.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:20 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    You're in good company with Steve, who admitted that Joe had been in front of the tv rather a lot today as well ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home