Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Haven't done a real post for a while

But now I feel like I can do one, because I can tell you I'm a real grown-up who has wounds from gardening. Well, I say gardening, but if Alan Titchmarsh had seen me pruning our bushes and shrubs and roses with a hedge-trimmer yesterday, he'd have been horrified. There were occasions when I'm sure I resembled something from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Heidi had said that basically everything needed cutting back, except the flowers. I'm sorry to say that a few flowers did kick the bucket in the course of my afternoon, as did a hell of a lot of 'deaves', as Caleb calls them. But the plants didn't roll over and take it lightly. Oh no, those rose ushes fought back with everything they had. Shame they only had thorns, and I had an electric hedge trimmer!! I, of course, went through the cable right at the end. I had bought it specially to do the job. Idiot.

And Heidi's final verdict on the garden? "It looks like a hurricane's hit it."


Please, nobody come round to see it.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:26 am , Blogger Sarah said...

    rofl. You obviously have the same approach to gardening that I do. the last time I did some (about a year ago now) Steve came home and said 'uh, it looks a bit bare, doesn't it?'. It needs doing again now though ...

     
  • At 9:07 am , Blogger Mr Thomas said...

    Well, why should it need lots of little prunes all year round? One good hack once a year is just as good, surely...?

     
  • At 10:45 am , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

    More people with the same approach to gardening - cool!

    And as for going through the cable - the only reason I stopped when I did last time because I did the same thing!! (Must be something to do with Dad's hedge trimmer....)

     
  • At 7:52 pm , Blogger praynlady said...

    Hey, used to be a bbc addict watching Alan and his gang, what happened to him and why is the big fella now the head dude? Never could figure out where Alan went. Figured he must have gotten another show. Wish he'd come to my house. After the back surgeries, my teensy weensy garden looks like a hay field with thorns and not just from the roses, I have big ole cacti taboot. Anyone headed to Texas?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home