Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

'My' Theology

I was browsing through Sarah's archives and I came across this quiz that she'd done. Here are my results. I found some of it surprising!


You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern 75%
Neo orthodox 71%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 71%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 64%
Fundamentalist 61%
Reformed Evangelical 43%
Modern Liberal 39%
Classical Liberal 29%
Roman Catholic 14%

What's your theological worldview?

5 Comments:

  • At 8:29 pm , Blogger Alana said...

    Well apart from not even understanding some of the questions (!), my results were:

    Emergent/Postmodern - 82%
    Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan - 71%
    Neo orthodox - 54%
    Modern Liberal - 50%
    Roman Catholic - 46%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal - 43%
    Classical Liberal - 39%
    Reformed Evangelical - 21%
    Fundamentalist - 18%

     
  • At 8:34 am , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    I know, Mark and I both said we didn't 'get' some of the questions- or who these theologians were that we were supposed to have an opinion of!
    I guess things are very different in America...

     
  • At 7:08 am , Blogger Simone said...

    Not wanting to be a spoil sport but isn't this a very unhelpful quiz? We get too much of putting people into boxes anyway, those terms mean nothing half the time, because we are all so individual. 'Postmodern' is such a huge bracket, most of the time it brings negative liberal thoughts into mind. I am postmodrn in the sense of relating to others, I'm also fundamental in the sense that I believe in the Bible basics. Even in my sentence here, what on earth are Bibel basics? They are different for everyone!
    Also, as soon as you're talking about loving people like Jesus, a lot of evangelicals tell you you're a liberal, even though it is in the Bible. So those terms mean absolutley nothing.

     
  • At 9:45 am , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    I agree Simone, it's very silly. But hey, it raised some serious points! If people ask me what kind of church I go to I just say 'happy-clappy' it's no more or less meaningful than any other name I could give myself, especially for people outside of the faith.

     
  • At 9:03 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    I didn't ge tsome of the questions either, I must admit - figured that if I hadn't heard of the theologians then their theologies can't have been too important!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home