Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Officially summer

There are certain things that indicate that summer has arrived aren't there? For me, in no particular order:
Not being able to see through the tears or smell through my nose due to the pollen, failing to get a Father's day card to either of our Dad's on time, my Mum's birthday, that ever-present music from the elusive ice-cream van (he's torturing me!), seeing a bit more of Mark now that his timetable is lighter because of exam time, that snake of hose becoming an almost permanant fixture across the lawn, the car sitting in the drive all day because it's actually nice enough to walk, the moth 'sweep' as I enter a room, the paddling pool!

Yep, yesterday it was decided that it was worth getting out the paddling pool. This year we are premiering the super-duper pool that we were given by our friends- the lovely Matt and Anna- who felt their garden was too small to accomodate it. It's a lovely big pool (for a toddler- I'm not practising for the Olympics or anything) with an integral sun canopy, and it's nice and sturdy so it can be a pretty permanant fixture throughout the summer.
It was brilliant out in the garden yesterday, I noticed that all the toys that were in the garden had been given to us, and I felt cherished. Most of all though, both Mark and I felt blessed by God when we saw how big and beautiful the garden he gave us is. Please come and enjoy it with us any time! (Unless you're a strange stalker who doesn't actually know us- then you'll have to at least give us a ring first okay?)

6 Comments:

  • At 11:16 am , Blogger Sarah said...

    bum, can I have that tiny one back then?! We took Joe to buy one in Sainsbury's yesterday and they'd sold out!!!

     
  • At 11:24 am , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    Yep, I'll get MARK to put it in the post for you (too lazy...) -they make great ballpits too y'know those little pools. Year-round fun!

     
  • At 11:26 am , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    btw: he loves the water bombs, especially the starfish one, coz he loves all things fishy!

     
  • At 11:31 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Heidi,

    Adam and I would like to come over either this weekend or next, if you're free anytime!

    Love Mim xxx

     
  • At 11:57 am , Blogger Sarah said...

    No, honestly, I was only joking - I'm sure Sainsbury's will have some more in this week!!! Or, er, I could try another shop ... our neighbour lent us one yesterday but it was a bit too posh for my liking (too much blowing up to do) and I'm worried about puncturing it!

    I don't normally reclaim birthday presents, what on earth was I thinking of - don't post it, it will cost far too much! And Caleb might like to have his own if you're hogging the big one ...

     
  • At 5:26 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    Joe bought a paddling pool this morning :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home