Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Toddler-speak


'm disappointed, Caleb has started referring to himself as Cay-yeb a lot more. I still call him Carebear anyway! He's also taken to calling himself Kebs, again he came up with it completely on his own. We figured it out pretty quickly: I sometimes call Elodie 'Eds' and he extrapolated 'Kebs' from there. He's just growing up so fast, I can't keep up! And with Elodie it's like she's on some kind of growth hormone or something- when you have a toddler to take up most of your attention you don't even notice how quickly a baby progresses...

4 Comments:

  • At 7:19 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    I suspect even Caleb might feel daft about calling himself care bear for too much longer ...

     
  • At 10:17 pm , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    It's funny, he still doesn't get the concept of there being such a thing as a Care Bear so it could have stuck quite happily for a while I reckon...

     
  • At 12:14 am , Blogger wend said...

    so cute!!

     
  • At 3:44 am , Blogger praynlady said...

    Mrs.T, I found this page and we are going to try it out! Thought you and Caleb might like to try it as well. The only thing I am going to try to do is use a wooden skewer (like the ones for shishkabobs). You still have to soak it but it makes the candy easier for the little ones to hold.
    http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/candy/recipe-rockcandy.html
    Let me know how it turns out! Have fun.
    ps. who'd have ever thought I'd be letting my kid eat that much sugar, much less making it with her knowing she'll eat it! haha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home