Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

ARRRRRGH!

All our efforts to make the last few days of the holidays actually feel like, y'know, a holiday have completely thrown me out of synch with routine and real life. Mark's only been back to work for one sweet day and I'm ready to sell our children!

First of all, I have got used to a bit or a lot of a lie-in in the mornings, so I had a bit of a shock today (I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!) this was compounded by Elodie's refusal to feed first thing. Then it didn't take me long to figure out that neither of my children have had enough sleep over the last couple of days, which everybody knows magically turns your darling angels into monsters. Elodie I think is just fighting against her immunisations and her body needs more sleep to cope- by her lunchtime nap she looked like she'd been punched in the face, her eyes were so tired. And I can't really blame her, but I spent most of the day running to her aid only to discover she's just experimenting with really loud squeals! Actually, it's a pretty nice stage- she's starting to communicate and is finding her voice. It's just that for some reason that escapes me Caleb started biting her today and I'm getting kind of paranoid about them being in the same room together.

Also, had to administer Caleb's first proper smack this afternoon (no nappy to protect him from reality) which was sort of heart-breaking, but at least he understands how hurtful it is to harm others now. And he does have a clear system of discipline so he knew it was coming. I'm not backing down on the rules because it's hard for me- it's not worth creating a manipulative Mummy's boy just for an easy life! Well, on that controversial note it's time for housegroup, I may salvage some of this day yet...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:32 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    Many sympathies, I'd like to sell my kids today as well. Tiredness being a major factor in everything wrong here too. Hope you have a better day tomorrow - at least then it's the weekend ...

     
  • At 9:09 pm , Blogger Mim said...

    Oh dear, doesn't sound like any of you had a good day today, so lots of sympathy from me too (although I can't pretend to know how it feels yet!!)

     
  • At 9:23 pm , Blogger praynlady said...

    Have no fear! It WILL pass. It may take 18 years but by then, they will be able to take care of themselves and you can get more rest! lol. Just kidding. I wouldnt trade all of the headaches for all the money in the world. Would trade one or two for a decent nights sleep. I know that things will get better once they get adjusted to daddy working again. The first couple of weeks are usually the worst. Then they sort of make their own schedule up and things start to improve. I will pray that you get rested, they have a better night and day tomorrow and that when Monday rolls around, it will be a whole new week! God Bless!
    http://praynladysblessings.blogspot.com

     
  • At 11:50 am , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

    I like you am pretty frazzled - can't wait to get the kids married off!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home