Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Duck and Mango salad


We're not very good at doing things together, or planning special time for us both. Somehow, we seem to be even worse on our Anniversary- we think we might remember a time when we went out for dinner to celebrate but we weren't sure this evening when we thought about it. So this year I decided I would at least try and make the effort and I dug out a few recipes that I had kept for just such an occasion. I put Mark in charge of the main course (I even let him help me choose it!) and I made dessert and a cocktail-thing. Of course, we didn't have time to do anything other than eat before 'Lost' so it was worth making the effort with our dinner at least! Well, we actually enjoyed preparing food for each other, and were quite impressed with the results. It's nice to be able to surprise each other occasionally.



Not very romantic I know, but we bought a new breadmaker for our anniversary (we had one that died when we moved to Carterton) so any recipes/ mixes that people can recommend would be welcome. We're in a bit of an experimental mood with food at the moment. Ready for a break from the norm.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:58 am , Blogger Sarah said...

    Wow, that looks lush! Must show Steve. Although we've booked to see Tintin on our anniversary next year ...

     
  • At 12:44 pm , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    How romantic!

     
  • At 9:27 pm , Blogger wend said...

    sounds lovely and the dessert and meal looks superb. recipee please (by email).

    we have a breadmaker home amde pizza bases are great, we also do home made naan bread and wholewheat breakfast muffins which are rather yummy if you want recipees let me know

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home