Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Our posts have become somewhat mundane of late...

...so I thought I'd just share this verse that I'd never really noticed before:

'So do not give up your hope which will be greatly rewarded. For, having done what was right in God's eyes, you have need of waiting before his word has effect for you.' (Hebrews 10:35-36)

It seems so contrary to the contempory mindset of instant gratification and quick fixes. But it's really encouraging I think. A lot of us have probably done the hard thing or 'the right thing' and wondered what worth it really had. Sometimes it seems like God sticks you with a rotten set of circumstances then just leaves you there. But if you know anything about God at all, you'll know that that's completely against his nature. This verse seems to say that you don't even need great faith, or extravagent deeds or the 'right' prayers. I guess if you have God on your side, hope actually means trusting in Him.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:21 pm , Blogger wend said...

    Thank you for sharing this Heidi

     
  • At 3:50 am , Blogger praynlady said...

    Here is how it is written in the New International version. I always liked a version I could really understand so I use this one quite a bit. Also like the Life Application Version. I do like this one.

    Hebrews 10:35-36 (New International Version)

    35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

    My fav scripture is Joshua 1:9
    NIV is...
    Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."


    NLT version...
    9 I command you--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home