Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Things that are magic...

Add whatever you like to this list of things that are actually magic:

  • The internet (It's just amazing! It took me several years to come to terms with the fact that there were actually technical reasons why the whole thing works. But is it infinite? If someone can answer that, I'd actually be interested...)
  • DVDs not having to be rewound - still love that one, and I will never forget the first time I just pressed eject!
  • WD-40 - a spray that stops squeaks??!! How is that possible? Heidi likens it to 'Invisiblity Spray', it's that magic.
Go on, keep the list going!

8 Comments:

  • At 11:40 pm , Blogger wend said...

    Calpol...need I say more (or medised if thats your chosen brand)

     
  • At 9:30 am , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    Amen!

     
  • At 1:37 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

    I'm still in awe of things like the microwave - even though I know a bit about how it works.

    Elias thinks it's a magic, milk warming 'cupboard'!

     
  • At 7:06 pm , Blogger wend said...

    easy tear sellotape

     
  • At 4:39 pm , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    Washable paints and pens that actually wash out!

     
  • At 12:35 am , Blogger Sarah said...

    Heidi, there is no such thing!

    Phenergan, I was going to say! Knocks them out far better than calpol, in my experience. These days we resort to ipods and gameboys instead, which seem to do the same trick in the back of the car, so bear that one in mind for the future. Always said I'd never do it, they're antisocial and all that, but hey, what's another few pre-parenting vow words to eat, eh?

    My other fave magic trick is offering to withhold pocket money - or better still, offering *more* pocket money - this also seems to work wonders otherwise thought impossible.

    And finally, according to Josiah, God is Magic. Well, he's on the right track there, surely?! Too much Narnia reading going on here, obviously!

     
  • At 12:11 pm , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    No, really. The Mothercare 'my first pens' or whatever they're called will wash out of anything!
    Note to Caleb: that's not a challenge!

     
  • At 7:09 pm , Blogger Alana said...

    The TV -I'll never understand how they get all those full-sized people inside ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home