Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Isaiah 42:3 says...


He won't brush aside the bruised and the hurt

and he won't disregard the small and insignificant,

but he'll steadily and firmly set things right.

There have been times in my life when this has been my hope and strength, all I've had left of my faith to cling to. I know that God says "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:8-9) but honestly- and I know I'm not alone in this- sometimes it really doesn't feel that way!

So I'm posting this for Coleen, who is a great inspiration to me, and who is struggling to see God's grace at the moment. The NIV version of Isaiah 42 says 'A bruised reed he will not break, and a smouldering wick he will not snuff out.' Sometimes (often in my case!) we feel we are about to 'fizzle out' or snap completely, but there is always a point where God says 'this far and no further.' I won't say that it's God's will to have you running a marathon next week but I do know with certainty that he is holding you, and he WON'T let you fall.

The title track from this album makes me cry pretty much every time I hear it, but I'm trying to make it my prayer. Take a listen (it's track 6), and I think anyone who's been there will recognise something authentic there. (Full lyrics here)

Though it won't be today, Someday i'll hope again
And there'll be beauty from pain
You will bring beauty from my pain

Love to you Coleen- and to others who aren't as forthright about their struggles, but who are hurting too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home