Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

RIP Porgy and Klaus

Oh dear, despite repeated warnings that his behaviour would kill the fish Caleb has finally managed to traumatise both of them to death. Porgy, who didn't seem at all fazed by sharing the fish tank with books, tree decorations, toys, and the occasional cat paw suddenly went belly-up on Christmas day (peace to all men, and for 1 fish...) Poor Klaus has been a sporadically wonky swimmer since we got him but he hung on until today, when I foolishly decided to change all the water and clean everything in the tank in case there was something toxic in there. He didn't even get to die in peace in his own tank, the inside of a Carte d'or tub was the last thing he saw!

I need that sideboard I've got my heart set on, then I can put the next ones out of Caleb's reach. They might at least last a month that way!

7 Comments:

  • At 4:50 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    I still think you should let me give you some stick insects instead ;)

     
  • At 7:51 pm , Blogger Esther said...

    Oh I'm sorry! See what you need to do is our technique, where we had so many fish I never noticed if a couple of them died!
    Hope you're not too upset :)

     
  • At 9:11 pm , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    I have to say I shed one or two tears! That was mostly to do with feeling like I'd been irresponsible to get them when I knew we didn't have somewhere to put them where they'd be out of Caleb's reach. It seemed a bit unfair to blame it on Caleb when I'd made a choice that would impact on them like that, I felt a bit like I'd been killing them slowly through neglect, despite feeding and cleaning them consistantly since their arrival. Does that make any sense?

     
  • At 9:12 pm , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    And there is NO WAY I'm keeing insects of any kind as pets Sarah!

     
  • At 9:13 pm , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    That was meant to be KEEPING btw.

     
  • At 9:44 pm , Blogger wend said...

    heidi if it's any help we have killed 4 sets or 3 sets of fish the same way we just don't seem to be a goldfish family, no more pets since the summer but the boys don't seemt too bothered might get a dog or something when they're older perhaps LOL

     
  • At 9:48 pm , Blogger Mr Thomas said...

    Flush. It's only fair - just in case they were playing dead. After all, all drains lead to the ocean, as we know...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home