Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mark's Seven Things

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Drive across America
2. Write a novel
3. Visit Egypt (among many other places)
4. Continue learning Italian and spend some time in Italy
5. Get more sleep than I am now
6. Find out how some of my favourite pupils turn out when they grow up
7. Have a good spiritual effect on our town

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Multi-task
2. Complete the 'very hard' setting on my Sudoku widget. Keeps going wrong!
3. Stand the texture of porridge
4. Cartwheels
5. Lose weight in any meaningful way
6. Comb my 'hair'
7. Understand why pupils continually see 'Q' when I've written 'O'

Seven things that attract me to my spouse:
1. Her smile
2. Her ability to conduct three conversations, at once, over a period of about a week
3. The fact that she likes things to be tidy
4. The mothering skills she doesn't think she has
5. She's downright sexy
6. Her humorous cynicism
7. Her never-ending patience with me

Seven things I say most often:
1. Bonjour!
2. Guten Tag!
3. So you have no book and no pen. What did you bring to school today?
4. Well we're not going to watch Finding Nemo.
5. I love you (obviously not at school)
6. Silence s'il vous plait.
7. Ruhig bitte.

Seven Books I love:
1. Either of the 'Darkness' books by Frank Peretti, or The Visitation
2. Lord of the Rings
3. High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
4. Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
5. Real Fast Food by Nigel Slater
6. Dogger by Shirley Hughes
7. The CEV Bible

Seven Movies I would watch over and over again:
How the HELL do I limit this to seven?
1. Star Wars (or Empire or Jedi)
2. LOTR (FOTR or ROTK, but not 2Towers - drags more than the others)
3. Leon
4. It's a Wonderful Life
5. Aliens
6. North by Northwest
7. Signs
...and so many more!

Seven people I would like to join in too:
I don't have any friends who haven't already done it. In fact, I just don't have any friends.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 pm , Blogger Esther said...

    I laughed so hard at your 'things I say most often' - my goodness I can hear you saying them all now!!
    Estxx
    PS Nice to see you at school today :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home