Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Too stupid to boil an egg?

I don't do eggs. I will only eat them in cakes or something, or at a push in an omlette if it's loaded with extras. So imagine my horror when Caleb requested an egg for lunch! Since he doesn't have them that often, and he'd come up with something he might eat (rather than smear over the house) I felt I had to oblige. However, Daddy is away for the weekend so I was going to have to take responsibility for it. Now, frying an egg is something I have learnt to do out of love for my husband, but I don't think I've ever boiled an egg in my life! Felt a bit silly, and had to keep reassuring myself that I can make risotto, roast a chicken etc. I confess, I had to ring my Mum to check I wasn't going to poison him...

4 Comments:

  • At 2:57 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    That is quite funny. Did he eat it, after all that?

     
  • At 2:57 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    Oh, and hope your weekend on your own has been okay other than that!

     
  • At 8:24 pm , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    He loved it- almost ate the shell too, when he got to the bottom!

     
  • At 8:42 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

    I just love it when my kids are not limited by a like or dislike I have! Good for Caleb - eggs rock! (I have 2 egg loving kiddies, whilst I am not over keen myself!!!!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home