Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Evolution

While fiddling on the computer instead of doing something important, I stumbled across an interesting article from the Washington Post on Evolution vs Intelligent design. I disagree with a fair bit of what both sides of the argument say in America so it's a bit contentious in places, but I loved the way it finished up:

'How ridiculous to make evolution the enemy of God. What could be more elegant, more simple, more brilliant, more economical, more creative, indeed more divine than a planet with millions of life forms, distinct and yet interactive, all ultimately derived from accumulated variations in a single double-stranded molecule, pliable and fecund enough to give us mollusks and mice, Newton and Einstein?'

I certainly think that Evolution should be taught as theory, not fact, and that there should be room for alternative explanations on the school curriculum. But I believe that evolution could be evidence of God's creative process, so I'm not getting myself tied up in knots about it!

If you want to read the whole thing it's here.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:51 pm , Blogger Addie said...

    Thanks for the link to the article. I actually live in the state of Kansas here in America, where much of this debate is taking place. So I'm of watching this whole thing with great interest. You bring up some good points and so does the article.

    Thanks again for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home