Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Friday, June 24, 2005

The wonders of inter-net communication


It seems I have done a wonderful thing by setting up this blog. Now Robin and Nikki are looking at Sarah's blog via ours and commenting, and vice versa, and thereby discovering a whole new world of people and things and experiences. Frankly I don't know where you all get the time!

Well, today was the momentous day when we got our new timetables for next year. Or, to put it another way, the day we discover which vague group of kids we will teach at which point in the week / fortnight. Or, to put it yet another way, which days will tire us out the most next year! Until we know the kids, it doesn't give us a very good picture of our likely life next year at all, but it's still seen as very important.

We're setting up a prayer table in the centre of Carterton tomorrow. Well, I say we, but in fact Heidi and I (and the kids) will be in Oxford at a previously-arranged hair appointment (I know you're wondering how I could possibly have a better configuration on my head, but there we go), so it's actually others in our church who will be doing it. And by it, I'm talking about offering prayer for whatever to whoever passes by, or the promise of prayer for a week if they write it down in a book. I think it's a great idea, and I'm praying for lots of people to pass and jot something down. If no-one does, it will at least make our church that little bit more visible.

And finally, I will take this chance to say goodbye to one of my favourite pupils from my tutor group, Leanne (blonde hair, on my right in photo). Even though she's left school now, I will still miss her when she goes to Germany tomorrow; one of the main reasons being she won't be there to babysit for us! You've always been friendly, fun, level-headed, hard-working and generally pleasant, and I wish you all the best (hoping, of course, that you look at this some time soon!). Love, Me.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:08 am , Blogger Sarah said...

    Have you told *all* your pupils about this blog, or just the ones who are leaving the country?

    And yes, I think internet communication is fab, how can you not have time for it?! :)

     
  • At 5:10 am , Blogger Sarah said...

    oh, glad you've discovered photos, too, btw. Although my friend says you look like me, or I look like you, whichever way round you prefer. Scary! I pulled my first grey hair out the other day. Guess you don't worry too much about those though ...

     
  • At 12:15 pm , Blogger Mr Thomas said...

    I told the two in the photo about it the other day, but no, no other sknow. But I did think I'd better be careful what I write as it is public and anyone from school or the town could stumble upon it!

    No, for me any hair is a plus, no matter what the colour!

     
  • At 10:13 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

    OOOh, you changed your format!

    Sarah, you found your first gery hair! I think I got my first when I had Joy!! (I was was only 22!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home