Spacebats

The thoughts, random or otherwise, of Mark and Heidi Thomas. Sometimes possibly Caleb and Elodie, depending on how much sense they are making.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Internet Shopping

Argh! I've spent all the time the kids have been asleep today just trying to do our grocery shopping for next month and I think it may have pushed me over the edge! I love not having to drag the family around the shop on a saturday but I hate the fact that it takes so long if I want to find stuff I've never bought before. When you're not looking at a stocked shelf each month you can miss it when cheaper versions of the stuff you buy come on the market, so I was trawling through looking for more 'Value' and Tescos own brand things- I think there will be stripes in front of my eyes when I try to get to sleep tonight!
It's not just the groceries either. Because I still can't drive I do a lot of ordering through catalogues for our clothes and things and it's never straight forward- they recognise Mark at the post office in town now, he's returned that many trolley-fulls of parcels. Next are about the most reliable and easy to use but they're too expensive for all your clothes and soft furnishings! Besides, a lot of they're stuff is pretty frumpy at the moment.
And when are Ikea going to cotton on to internet shopping? Surely it's the same principle as they operate on in-store: Big warehouse full of stuff and just a few staff.
Rant over, I'd better get on and re-order the curtains that were too short for the window in the den...

4 Comments:

  • At 11:54 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

    oops - didn't you measure the windows?! (says the person who is currently expecting some curtains for Joe's room that she bought on ebay without measuring anything either!).

    We've given up with online grocery shopping, it is now an educational opportunity ;) And they have nice clothes in tescos and sainsbury's!

     
  • At 10:03 am , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

    Mark measured the window but the curtains are exactly the size of the window with no extra length which makes it impossible to actually hang them!
    When I can drive I'll go in the week but at the moment we can't face saturday in a supermarket.

     
  • At 11:00 am , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

    I have had to resort to Tesco's online a few times, and whilst it can be a real life saver when you are car-less they are too unreliable and expensive to keep using.

    One time I recall making an order, it arriving a few hours late, and then finding that the crucial infant formula was missing! Argh! Another time I was deivered £7 worth of grapes!! Huh???! I did hear that one family I know once had their entire shop arrive with two of every item!

     
  • At 3:21 pm , Blogger Alana said...

    Ikea - online? That would be seriously dangerous!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home